About the Salisbury Zoo
The Salisbury Zoo, located in Salisbury, Maryland, was founded in 1954 when some animals were placed on permanent exhibition in the City Park. The Zoo’s present form resulted from improvements made in the 1970s. The Zoo now provides naturalistic enclosures for species native to North, Central and South America. The Salisbury Zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums. The Zoo’s policy is maintained by the Salisbury Zoo Commission, Inc. whose nine members are appointed by the Salisbury City Council. The Zoo is funded in-part by the Salisbury Zoo Commission and by the City of Salisbury.
Ronald G. Alessi, Sr. – Chairman; George J. Mengason – Vice Chairman; Linda Wainer – FOSZ Representative: Samuel M. Walker – Secretary; Roland Leimann – Commissioner (at Large); Gary Comegys – City Council Representative; Margo Hall – Docent Representative; J.P. DuBuque – Commissioner (at Large); Carol Bradley – Commissioner (at Large)
From Rt. 50 West: Take Rt. 50 into Salisbury. Make a Right onto Rt. 13 South. Take the very next left on to East Main Street, then take the next right on to Snow Hill Road. Take the next left on to South Park Drive, Zoo is on the left.
From Rt. 50 East:
Take Rt. 50 into Salisbury, Make left on to Civic Avenue, (Burger King on left.) Go to the end of Civic Ave. and make a right. Take next left on to Memorial Plaza, Zoo is down the hill and on the right.
Our GPS number is 38° 21.667 N and 075° 35.037 W
Click here for map and directions from Google Maps.